Computer Technology 1: Students will prepare for the A+ Certification. Students will have classroom work and hands-on experience that will prepare them for entry-level positions and/or a post-secondary computer related programs. Testout PC Pro Course: Provides the fundamental objectives to support and maintain Computing devices to meet the growing demand for entry-level information and communication technology (ICT) professionals.
Computer Technology 2: Students will prepare for the CompTIA Net+ Certification. Students gain the knowledge and skills they need to install, configure and maintain a network for a small business. Students will further their knowledge and resume with the additional networking skills. This is an accelerated class with the second half of the school year open to the possibilities of additional certifications, college credit, student projects, and internships.
Qualities of a Successful Student:
- Patience, Empathy, and Active listening. Computer problems can be incredibly frustrating
- Time Management Skills
- A Drive to succeed.
- Consistency of an online world
- Task oriented mindset
Sample Wage Potential: (2018 O*Net estimates)
- ME/National: VARIABLE AND UNLIMITED
- The Computer Tech Program can lead to many high skill and high wage careers.
- Testout Certifications: PC Pro, Network PRO, Linux PRO, Routing & Switching PRO, Security PRO, Ethical Hacker PRO
College Credit Opportunities:
- Central Maine Community College
- University of Maine – Augusta
Instructor: Mike Fraser, email@example.com