(Dual Enrollment Program)
Business Academy is a dual enrollment program that enables high school students to earn college credits while completing their high school graduation requirements. Students have the opportunity to earn up to 30 college credits (15 credits each year they are enrolled in the program).
The program is an excellent foundation for students who want to pursue a business-related career, and the early introduction to college courses can help make the transition from high school to college easier.
Qualities of a Successful Student:
· Must be a junior or senior
· Ability for college level work
· Willingness to learn
Courses Offered* (each course is 3 college credits):
Introduction to Business
Principles of Marketing
Introduction to Communications
Introduction to Computer Applications
*courses subject to change
Sample Wage Potential: (2018 O*Net estimates)
· ME/National: VARIABLE AND UNLIMITED
· The Business Academy Program can lead to many high skill and high wage careers.
College Credit Opportunities:
· Northern Maine Community College
· Thomas College
· University of Maine at Presque Isle
Instructor: Angela Dostie, firstname.lastname@example.org