You are viewing a page from the Capital Area Technical Center site that has been specially-formatted for printing and/or text-only browsing.
The location of this page is: http://capitalarea.mainecte.org/admissions/
VISIT US FOR A DAY!
One way to find out for sure if the Capital Area Technical Center has a program that fits your interests is to spend a day, or even a few hours, visiting us. We call it "shadowing," and it works like this:
1) Talk with your guidance counselor or advisor and let them know you want to set something up.
2) Set up a date and time to visit. If you are interested in ore than one program, plan on spending the day; you can shadow one program in the morning and one in the afternoon.
3) Find out the name of the instructor(s) of the program(s) that you are interested in, and any requirements for your visit.
(Ex: If you are shadowing in the Building Construction program in the winter you will NEED to wear warm clothes).
4) Obtain a name tag with your name and pertinent information at the CATC front office when you arrive. You will need this in order to shadow a program.
5) After your visit, give your name tag to the program instructor and return to your school via your bus.
6) Let your guidance counselor know how your visit went and/or let us know directly.
7) If you are interested, send in your application (via your school) to participate in one of our programs.
We look foward to possibly seeing you soon. Please Note: Shadowing typically takes place between the last week in January up to the week of February school break.